Get the fast facts
You probably first heard of blockchain as the innovative record-keeping technology behind the bitcoin craze. But did you know it has capabilities that transcend cryptocurrency – and that it’s poised to revolutionize business and commerce in unprecedented ways?
Many forward-thinking companies are adopting blockchain to transform supply chains, payments, food distribution and more. It’s a technology definitely worth knowing about and our fast facts offer a concise overview of blockchain’s business applications and impact.
Let us explain Blockchain
A blockchain is a shared, digital ledger used for recording transactions. Its name is derived from its composition: individual records are stored in blocks and linked together, forming a chain. Each transaction added to a blockchain is validated online by multiple parties, forming a peer-to-peer network.
This technology offers multiple business applications
- Creates trust between businesses unfamiliar with each other, eliminating the need for an intermediary.
- Forms a robust online accounting system that enables businesses to securely accept cryptocurrencies as payment.
- Enables seamless sharing of data within a decentralized ecosystem where no single entity is exclusively in charge.
- Generates an unalterable record of transactions with end-to-end encryption, blocking fraudulent activity.
- Helps businesses lower costs by eliminating middlemen – vendors and third-party providers – that traditionally handle processing duties.
InComm Payments and our innovation hub, Go Studio, are developing cutting-edge blockchain solutions to drive your business and customer experience. To learn more, visit www.GoStudio.io/