Encouraging Overall Wellness Starts with a Healthy Diet
Healthier diets lead to healthier outcomes. For members who are food-insecure, healthy, nutritious foods can seem out of reach. With InComm Healthcare’s Healthy Foods Benefit, you can allocate health plan benefit dollars toward healthy food items. The card works like a prepaid debit card.
- Restrict benefit spending to only healthy foods and products
- Multi-wallet capabilities — deliver multiple programs on a single card
- Access to healthy products at the stores where they regularly shop
- Provide funds without members needing to worry about copays or claims
- No cash withdrawal capability
- Lower cost by recapturing any unspent benefit dollars
- Comprehensive reporting tools
Simplified Solutions for Healthy Behavior
Healthy eating is key to healthy living, which means food insecurity can create significant challenges. Fortunately, Medicare Advantage plans (HMO, PPO, etc.) can address this, positively impacting other factors such as obesity rates and risk of heart disease.
Powered by the OTC Network®, you can count on the Healthy Food Card’s best-in-class program management to reduce your overhead and maximize outcomes — saving you money while providing better member services. Adding supplemental benefits such as OTC (over-the-counter) or grocery benefits can improve star ratings for health plans.
What Kind of Foods Items Can Members Purchase?
- Fruits and vegetables
- Meats and seafood
- Non-perishable foods (cereals, dry pasta, soup)
- Perishable foods (Dairy, meats, produce)
Some Items Are Not Covered
- Pet Food
Largest Retailer Network in the Industry
More Than 68,000+ Participating Stores
Members can check out using their healthy foods card at retailers in their neighborhood
Members can use their monthly allowance* in-store at 68,000 retail locations or online including CVS, Walgreens, Walmart, Dollar General, and more. They can even checkout using a barcode on their mobile apps in qualifying stores.
Members can easily check their available balances, find retailers, and look up eligible items through My Benefits Center.
Within the web portal or mobile app, members can also directly access convenient online shopping options.