Reimbursements & Claims FAQs
How can I submit a claim?
How long does it take to process claims?
How can I receive a payment for my claim?
If you do not link a personal account, we will mail you a check to your mailing address on file after the claim has been processed and approved.
If I don’t use my Zenda card, how can I reimburse myself?
Why did I receive an email requesting documentation for a Zenda debit card purchase?
If documentation is required, Zenda will send three requests for documentation. These requests will stop once documentation has been received and approved
Should a debit card purchase remain unsubstantiated after the three requests for documentation are sent, your debit card will be temporarily suspended. The debit card will be reactivated once you:
- Provide the necessary documentation to substantiate the expense, or
- Repay the purchase amount back to your FSA
What type of documentation is acceptable for reimbursement or substantiation?
- Date(s) of service
- Itemized list of purchases
- Name of the merchant or health care professional
- Dollar amount(s) (after insurance, if applicable)
For example: An explanation of benefits from your insurance company or itemized statements from the health care provider is excellent documentation.
Documentation for dependent care FSA expenses required by the IRS includes a third-party receipt containing the following information:
- Date(s) of service
- Dollar amount
- Name of the daycare provider
Note that the services must be incurred before the expense can be reimbursed.
In the event the provider is unable to provide a receipt with this information, the provider may sign a dependent care FSA reimbursement request form.
How do I send my documentation?
Using the mobile app or website, you can easily upload and attach documents to the claim details and submit for review.
Whose expenses can I claim under my healthcare FSA?
- A qualifying child is defined as a dependent child up to age 26 or any age if permanently disabled.
- A qualifying relative is someone who resides with you for more than half of the year.
- Qualifying children and relatives must not provide more than half of their own support.
What are eligible healthcare FSA expenses?
What are eligible dependent care FSA expenses?
Eligible dependents include:
- Children under the age of 13 who are claimed as a dependent for tax purposes
- Care of a disabled spouse or disabled dependent of any age
- Costs already claimed as a dependent care tax credit on your income tax return
- Nursing home, respite care, or other residential care centers
- Services provided by one of your dependents
- Nighttime babysitting expenses that are not work-related
- Expenses while absent from work for more than two weeks at a time
- Costs paid to your own dependents, under age 19, who are caring for your dependents
- Expenses paid for schooling for kindergarten or higher
- Overnight camps
Get the App or Login
*Banking services are provided by Coastal Community Bank, Member FDIC. The Zenda card is issued by Coastal Community Bank pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. Zenda spending accounts are FDIC insured up to $250,000 per depositor through Coastal Community Bank, Member FDIC. Privacy notice for Coastal Community Bank can be found here.
Investment accounts are not bank guaranteed and not FDIC insured and may lose value.